Monday, March 28, 2011

Everglades National Park Cancelled My Show Due To Their Poor Planing.

The curtains have been closed on my Everglades National Park show in December 2011. I was told that Allen Scott one of the lead rangers was going to replace my show with a ten year anniversary show of the A.I.R.I.E. program. I just hate when a tenth anniversary sneaks up on you with out any warning. I was offered a show date in 2012, and 2013, but I have declined the chance to show as a statement about their poor planning and lack of respect to an artist. I had turned down several chances to show my work in other venues prior to doing the show in the Everglades Gallery out of respect and out of knowing what was the right thing to do for the park that gave me a show and a residency for my Everglades work. So I have turned down the offer to do a show sometime in the next two years, and have turned it all over to Karma. Things happen for any one of a number of reasons, and in the end I know this will be something that turns out right for me and my images of the Everglades. I heard some news today, and it seems that things are coming to a lot better for me and my work as a whole.